Global Month of Service, April 2013!
Harvard University has a long tradition of public service. The University’s founders believed that the arc of education moves from self-development to public action. Harvard's fundamental purpose is to develop talent in service of a better world, and this commitment is at the heart of all that we do.
Since 2009, Harvard Clubs, Shared Interest Groups (SIGs) and individual alumni have been engaging in public service opportunities in their local communties during the Global Month of Service each April.
Past Activities have included:
- Hosting a college information session at a local high school
- Teaching a yoga class at a local retirement home
- Cleaning a riverbank
- Helping serve food at a local shelter
- Providing pro bono professional services
- Sorting donations for GoodWill
Have any thoughts or feedback?